Hello - I am running a Tomcat6.0 server both stand-alone and with Eclipse, and am in the process of developing a webapp that I will want to make available to all our users via a server side include statement. I have this working in a limited sense, in that I got it working using the filter version but was unsuccessful getting the servlet version working, which is acceptable. (I am not clear on what the real difference between the two approaches is, documentation is non-existent as far as I could find).

Anywise, what I have working, works so long as the <!--#include virtual="somefile.html" --> is in a .shtml file, but this will be unacceptable. I need this feature to also work from inside normal .html and .htm as well as .jsp files as that is what our users will expect. I have fooled around with the filter-mapping segment in the server's web.xml file but so far no joy in finding a solution.

Searches (lots of em!) on the internet have not provided me with an answer, though I have gotten hints that it is doable. Could some kind guru help me grok this and guide me to the light? Many thanks in advance....

    Marc Chamberlin