On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Wesley Acheson [mailto:wesley.ache...@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat dies after starting
>
>> Can you put in the beginning of the stack trace?
>
> Nice that the OP cut off the critical information...
>
> Also, the OP should post the server.xml, preferably with comments removed and
> security information obfuscated, and let us know if APR is being used.
>
>> (you probably won't be able to bind to port 80 on a linux box)
>
> Of course you can - but you have to use the proper technique, such as
> starting Tomcat via jsvc or using iptables.
>
>  - Chuck

> attachments from all computers.

Hi Charles,

Here's my server.xml file, pardon me but I don't know what stack trace
is. As you can see they're default values, I did not change anything
in my box. How would I know if apr is used? I think apr is installed.
Also I'm planning to configure to use Apache installed in another
machine as a reverse proxy to access Tomcat.

server.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
SSLEngine="on" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener"
/>
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener"
/>
- <GlobalNamingResources>
type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase" description="User database
that can be updated and saved"
pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>
- <Service name="Catalina">
  <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000"
redirectPort="8443" />
  <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
- <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
resourceName="UserDatabase" />
- <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
  </Host>
  </Engine>
  </Service>
  </Server>