> From: app...@dsl.pipex.com [mailto:app...@dsl.pipex.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat memory leak error launching web app in NetBeans 6.9.1

> Where there are fewer messages but it still seems as if
> Tomcat is detecting Quartz threads after Quartz is shut down.

Which means Quartz isn't really shutting down.  As suggested before, take some
thread dumps and find out what the threads are doing that prevents them from
going away.  That may uncover some other problem in your webapp.

> So my simple question becomes: do these messages matter
> if Tomcat is restarted or if the host server (which starts
> Tomcat as a Windows service) is rebooted?

No.  However, I would be concerned that this aberration is just a symptom of
something more serious that might be wrong.  For example, are the threads stuck
on some lock that they shouldn't be?  Are other resources tied up that might
cause instability over the long term?  Sweeping the problem under the rug by
rebooting would leave me a bit uneasy.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.