2010/10/19 Wesley Acheson <wesley.ache...@gmail.com>

>  On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 3:54 AM, ganu MailList <ganu4maill...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I need transmit one java project to the WAR package then put it under the
> > tomcat.  But I donot know how to write web.xml of this project rightly.
> > had written onem  but error.  Tomcat cannot start this servlet.  Can
> anyone
> > teach me how to modify it?
> >
> > Following is web.xml file.  org.apache.axis2.axis2userguide is the
> package
> > name. HelloWorldServiceSkeleton is the class name.
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns="
> > http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"; xsi:schemaLocation="
> > http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> > http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"; version="2.5">
> > <filter>
> >    <filter-name>DebugFilter-In</filter-name>
> >    <description>Print XMl request, XML response and current
> > timestamps</description>
> >    <filter-class>com.vzb.varwebservices.filter.DebugFilter</filter-class>
> >    <init-param>
> >       <param-name>input</param-name>
> >       <param-value>true</param-value>
> >    </init-param>
> > </filter>
> > <servlet>
> >    <servlet-name>HelloWorldService</servlet-name>
> >    <display-name>This is Hello World Service.</display-name>
> >

> <servlet-class>org.apache.axis2.axis2userguide.HelloWorldServiceSkeleton</servlet-class>
> >    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
> >  </servlet>
> >  <servlet-mapping>
> >    <servlet-name>HelloWorldService</servlet-name>
> >    <url-pattern>/HelloWorld</url-pattern>
> >  </servlet-mapping>
> > </web-app>
> >

> What error message are you getting if any. I'm having difficulty
> understanding what you want and what the problem is.

 Hi  Acheson,

I can use the command "ant jar.server" to build a jar package.  But I cannot
build it as WAR package,  because my web.xml is error.   After put the WAR
on the tomcat server,  I cannot use the URL to visit this WAR package.  I
can see this WAR package in tomcat manager.  I google server times,  but
cannot find how to write one right web.xml.