> From: Amilcar De Leon [mailto:ada...@antigualug.org]
> Subject: war app, Tomcat, public IP and port 8080 - remote access

> I have recently gotten a Public IP (eg 10.10.1.38)

There's either a misconception or a terminology problem here: 10.x.x.x is *not*
a public IP address; rather, it's one of the three ranges specifically reserved
as /private/ IP addresses.

> the problem comes when I try to access it from outside

What does "outside" mean in this context?

> when follow to type ":8080/myAPP" I don't have any luck;

I don't recall any Tomcat or browser error message saying "you have no luck";
what _exactly_ happens?

> but again when I try to go to the "manager
> page" - for instance -, I have no luck.

There's that "no luck" HTTP status again; I don't recall ever seeing that in
the RFCs.  Also, exactly what URL are you trying?  There's no Tomcat URL that
includes the phrase "manager page"; be precise.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.