Hi,

I am checking out the new Tomcat's jdbc-pool. So far it's great. I like JMX
monitoring feature.

I searched lists and google for how to change database password in the JNDI
data source and couldn't find anything. Can it be done?

If not, then can JMX MBean be extended with an operation to set the password
(write only)?

Sometimes database passwords change while the application is deployed and it
would've been nice to update the passwords without redeploying. Also, it would
eliminate the need to store sensitive passwords in files. I am not sure what
the security implications of being able to set the password is, but I think
it's safe, since the JMX connection can be authenticated and secured.

Thanks
--
Nicholas Sushkin, Senior Software Engineer, Manager of IT Operations
Open Finance Aggregation eXchange <http://www.aggex.com>