Rainer,

On 3/29/2011 3:06 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
On 23.03.2011 22:29, Lance Campbell wrote:
I discovered an issue with mod_jk.  In the workers.property file I miss
typed lbFactor=2 with lbactor=2.  Mod_jk was able to continue to work
which
I appreciate.  But I would have liked to have received an error message
letting me know that I had a typo.  I am using RedHat 5.  So I would be
using the same version of mod_jk as what has been deployed by RedHat.

Is there something I could do different so that I can see a warning
message
or error message when I have a typo like this?

There is no easy way to do this, because the workers.properties file
allows to set arbitrary variables like

myvar=123

and reuse those definitions later on with $(myvar).

So in your case the typo made lbfactor into the variable lbactor :(

It would have been safer to make variables sytactically distinguishable
from builtin properties, but it's too late now for compatibility reasons.

Any interest in deprecating arbitrary variable declarations in favor of
something like this:

worker.vars.variablename=foo

Or, are arbitrary variable names allowed to contain "." and other
possible obvious delimiters?

We could do it once we really start 1.3. In 1.2 I don't really like incompatible config file format changes.

Regards,

Rainer