Is there a way to encrypt the password in the Resource tag and tomcat can still read it and decrypt?

-Henry

On 4/1/2011 9:58 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 01/04/2011 14:56, Claus Hausberger wrote:
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 14:49:56 +0100
Von: Mark Thomas<ma...@apache.org>
An: Tomcat Users List<users@tomcat.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: Problem with too many open db connections on Tomcat
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 12:44:28 +0100
Von: Mark Thomas<ma...@apache.org>
An: Tomcat Users List<users@tomcat.apache.org>
On 01/04/2011 12:36, Claus Hausberger wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with Tomcat and open connections to an Oracle 11g
database.
I use Tomcat 5.5, DBCP 1.2 and Hibernate 3.3 + Spring for DB
connections.
For political reasons I can not upgrade to new Tomcat versions at the
moment.
I have 7 deployed apps on the Tomcat. 4 user a datasource configured
for
Tomcat itself (in context.xml) with a setting of maxActiv=20. This
datasource is used by Hibernate via JNDI.

Which context.xml file? Exactly where is it located?

Mark

Hi Mark,

the file is in the Tomcat folder under:

conf/context.xml

this is the config:

<Resource name="jdbc/myDS" auth="Container"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
        url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@my-oracle-host:mysid" username="xxx"
        password="XXX" maxActive="20" maxIdle="10" maxWait="-1"
     />
And there is the problem. conf/context.xml provides the defaults for
every web application so every context deployed on that instance will
have a resource as configured as above.

If you want a shared resource, define it in server.xml and put a
resource link in conf/context.xml.

Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks. Do I understand this correctly? If my file (context.xml) defines
maxActive=20 and I have 4 apps using this, everyone get's it's own 20
connections, making it at most 80?
Correct.

I thought this would be one pool shared by all.
Nope.

I will try it as you suggested with server.xml.
That should fix it.

Mark