On 27/07/2011 06:19, Anne, Radhakrishna (NSN - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can I use virtualWebAppLoader class to meet my requirements..?

You might be able to, but please note: 'hot fixes' and 'patches' are not
concepts that work well with compiled webapps.

If you need to update a webapp, you should release a new version.
Distributing instructions for applying updates to individual class files
is going to cause you all sorts of support problems.

Likewise, applying 'hot fixes' to plugin JARs isn't a good idea.

E.g.  If there are sequential modifications to a class, each will have
to carry all the previous changes.  Why not just update the JAR instead?

You can also enable the shared classloader in
tomcat/conf/catalina.properties.