From: exquisite <gautam_exquis...@yahoo.com>
To: "users@tomcat.apache.org" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 1:04 AM
Subject: Cannot make war file as default app

Hello,

I followed the below steps from Tomcat Wiki for making my war file as the
default webapp, but tomcat is not deploying my war:

How do I make my web application be the Tomcat default application?

Method 2.2
If you really know what you are doing.. - leave your war file in
CATALINA_BASE/webapps, under its original name
- turn off autoDeploy and deployOnStartup in your Host element in the
server.xml file.
- explicitly define all application Contexts in
server.xml, specifying both path and docBase. You must do this, because
you have disabled all the Tomcat auto-deploy mechanisms, and Tomcat will not
deploy your applications anymore unless it finds their Context in
the server.xml.

I did exactly like they said in WIKI (autoDeploy=false, deployOnStartup=false)
, but after doing all this, Tomcat does not even deploy my war file. here is my
host configuration in server.xml after my changes:

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false"

        <Context path="" docBase="myapp"/>
 </Host>

I have a war and i wanted to deploy it as war (did not want to follow other
methods about renaming to ROOT.war or creating ROOT.xml etc) and wanted to make
my web app as the default application.

Please help me with this.

thanks in advance
-G