On 11.08.2011 15:32, Lataxes, Karl wrote:
> OK, I'm getting close.  On the server side, I'm adding a "Set-Cookie" header
> containing the session id I want to use.  The client emulator I am using has
> similarly been modified to add a "Cookie" header with the session id sent by
> the server, but sticky sessions are still not working.  In the mod_jk log,
> there is a "searching worker for partial sessionid" reference that contains
> the correct session id, but ".<worker>" was not appended.  In my
> workers.properties file, "sticky_session" is set to 1.  The "jvmRoute"
> parameters in my respective Tomcat server.xml files are set to the workers
> identified in the workers.properties file as well.   What do I have to do to
> append ".<worker>" to the outgoing session id?

When Tomcat sets a session cookie, and you correctly set the jvmRoute in
server.xml, it automatically adds the value of jvmRoute to the end of
the session id, separated with a dot.

Make sure you did not set the jvmRoute in some line in server.xml that
is cmmented out.

To make stickyness with mod_jk happen, the jvmRoute used for Tomcat
should be equal to the name of the worker pointing to the Tomcat
instance. Finally you add all those workers to a load balancer worker in
mod_jk and JkMount the URLs to the load balancer worker.

Regards,

Rainer