> From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Displaying Time Zones for user preferences

> Can you not use GeoIP to find out where a user is connecting
> from, and select his time zone automatically for him/her ?

Not reliably.  For example, it says my desktop PC is in Pennsylvania, when it's
really in Minnesota (but then I'm actually in Ontario right now :-).  What
you'll really get back is the registered location of the ISP or company, not
necessarily that of the actual client.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.