On 14.01.2012 04:17, Eric P wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting Apache to serve static content (jpg, css, js, etc.)
for Tomcat apps via mod_jk for any
application except the ROOT Tomcat app.  The ROOT app shows static content just
fine.

I have the following Apache settings attempting to point *all* requests to
Tomcat and unsetting certain static content
extensions so that Apache will serve them.

...clip...
# Send everything to Tomcat
JkMount /* ajp13

# And then unsend static content so that httpd will serve it
JkUnMount /*.js ajp13
JkUnMount /*.css ajp13
JkUnMount /*.jpg ajp13
JkUnMount /*.png ajp13
JkUnMount /*.gif ajp13

This only works for ROOT, because you used a "/" in front. Using

JkUnMount *.js

etc. will unmount *all* js.

...clip...

These settings work for the ROOT Tomcat app but not for anything else including
Tomcat's manager app.

FYI. when I access via Tomcat's port/web server everything works.
E.g., http://localhost:8080/manager/html

But not when I access via port 80.
E.g., http://localhost/manager/html

I"m seeing a 404 Not Found for all static content via port 80/Apache (again,
the only exception is any static content
belonging to the ROOT Tomcat app).  I'm experiencing the exact same behavior on
both an Ubuntu and CentOS.

I don't understand that, because of the JkUnMount does *not* work, Apache will simply forward everything to Tomcat thus your manager should be OK.

Note that JkMount and JkUnMount are per virtualhost, see JkMountCopy.

Regards,

Rainer