> From: Jess Holle [mailto:je...@ptc.com]
> Subject: Re: ThreadLocals, context listeners and classloader leaks

> That said, there could and arguably should be another choice:

I'll suggest something more radical: define a class such as ScopeLocal where
values are added to and removed from threads as they enter and leave a scope
boundary.  For servlet engine purposes, typical scopes would be webapp,
session, request, servlet, etc.  Doing it properly (and efficiently) might well
require JVM intervention, but it would certainly help in providing a useful
mechanism for app writers.  Obviously, there's lots of definition work needed
here...

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.