On 01/02/2012 11:50, Ivan wrote:

Here's what the reply should have looked like, without the top-posting.

> 2012/2/1 Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
>
> Ivan,

> That does look fishy.
>
> "result" will be ignored if currentCL.getParent returns non-null. If
> currentCL.getParent returns null, then the method throws an exception.
> It looks like this could be re-written in a more straightforward way
> like this:
>
>  currentCL = currentCL.getParent();
>  if(null == result && null == currentCL)
>    throw new IllegalArgumentException(...);
>
>  while(currentCL != null)
>    // continue
>
> Of course, you still need to check for null after the loop, so it's
> not like the change really affects anything other than minor readability.

No sure whether I understood you clearly,  if a context is binding on the
current get method will throw an IllegalStateException. So my question is
that, in this scenario, should the context binded on the thread be ignored ?
I did not find too many comments on the svn log, while I guess that the
logic may be :
a. Check whether there is a context binding on the current context
classloader, if does, return it.
b. Check whether there is a context binding on the current thread, if does,
return it.
c. Check whether there is a context binding on the classloader tree of the
current context classloader, if does return it.
d. Throw an IllegalStateException.