On 02/02/2012 09:57, André Warnier wrote:
> Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
>> Hi
>>

>> Hopefully this is the right list :)
>
> Actually I don't know, but I would also like to know.
> I have noticed previously on this list, that whenever someone mentions
> JBoss, some of the people here (Tomcat developers ?)

In the most recent case, it was a JBoss/Tomcat developer who responded.

> seem to react quite
> strongly, and tell the poster curtly to go ask their question on the
> JBoss support list.
>
> On the other hand, it seems to be so that JBoss is a server software
> which uses Tomcat as the underlying servlet engine. (But maybe also I am
> mistaken there, I do not really know JBoss).

JBoss used to embed Tomcat directly. Some time ago (before Tomcat 7 -
Remy would know exactly when) JBoss opted to fork Tomcat. I believe (I
haven't looked) that the code bases remain similar in many areas but
there are some significant differences. For example, the Servlet 3
implementations are likely to be very different.

I don't see any issue with JBoss questions here up to the point that it
is apparent that the issue is in an area where the JBoss fork has
diverged. Then the JBoss support forums would be a better place to seek
help.

> In any case, there seems to be more to it than meets the eye of the
> naive subscriber that I am. So it would be nice if someone here provided
> some clarity on the matter.

The above is the best I can do short of doing a diff between the JBoss
code and Tomcat code.

> Anyway, from your description of the matter and of the configuration
> files, it seems that your question is at least to a large extent related
> to the isapi_redirect IIS plugin, which is developed by some of the
> people on this list, and thus for which this list is the right place for
> your questions, as far as I know.

+1.

Mark