Hi, first, for me there is a powerfull reason for maintain 5.5
version. This is the initial version and application is working fine
now, and I think that i'm not prepare to execute the upgrade, i don't
know how and where to begin.

And second, i'm trying to compile JMXAdaptorLifecycleListener.java to
get class file (i think that i must do this, but not sure), and i'm
getting this error. Here is one example, but it's appearing me 11
errors like this one.

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_22\bin>javac -classpath
%CATALINA_HOME%\server\lib\catalina.jar:%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar
c:\JMXAdaptorLifecycleListener.java -Xlint
warning: [path] bad path element
"C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.27\server\lib\catalina.jar:C:\apache-tomcat-5.5.27\bin\commons-logging-api-1.1.1.jar":
no such file or directory
c:\JMXAdaptorLifecycleListener.java:25: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class Lifecycle
location: package org.apache.catalina
import org.apache.catalina.Lifecycle;

I've created .java file copying text from internet, as attached

The last, I've checked catalina-optional.jar but no similar class
could be found inside, i suppose that i must copy into this jar file
the .class file obtained after compiling .java file, but this is my
assumption

Thanks a lot for your time, it's very appreciated

Regards,
Andres