> From: Robinson, Eric [mailto:eric.robin...@psmnv.com]
> Subject: RE: Free Memory vs. Total Memory vs. Max Memory

> If what you described occurs, we would see OOMs in the
> logs, correct?

Only rarely.  More typical is slow response and annoyed end users.

> Also, if the machine has inadequate RAM, then the effect you
> described could be the same whether you specify a low or high
> -Xms value, correct?

Eventually, yes.  But by setting -Xms to the same as -Xmx, you will get an
indication immediately, as swap space gets allocated for the various JVM
instances at startup, not later when you're under heavy load.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.