Thanks for the response.

The below suggestion to make an SP call worked out.

Another update on programmatic registering the pool to jmx - It worked out
and here is how I did it

        MBeanServer mBeanServer =
ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();

        try {
            tomcatDataSource.createPool();

mBeanServer.registerMBean(tomcatDataSource.getPool().getJmxPool(), new
ObjectName("tomcat.jdbc:type=ConnectionPool"));
        } catch (Exception e) {
            throw new RuntimeException("Error registering the tomcat pool
data source", e);
        }

Thanks for the quick support on my queries.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com