> From: David Wahler [mailto:dwah...@indeed.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 5.5 JDK version compatibility

> Does this mean that if a web application is deployed in Tomcat 5.5,
> it may not use any language features that were introduced in J2SE
> 5.0 or later (e.g. annotations and generics), even if those features
> are supported by the JRE?

It's not the JRE that's the issue, it's the servlet spec version that your
webapp is claiming compliance with.  Annotations don't appear there until 2.5
(if I remember correctly).  Generics will likely work, because there's nothing
in the servlet spec related to those.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.