Hi Guys,

A while back I've addressed you guys with the non paged pool issue. Most
people advised upgrading the java/tomcat. We did just that and the issue is
still happening. We are investigating a lot of directions of memory leaks
in the environment with Microsoft. I wanted to address you guys, to see if
you can give me a second feedback. The server isn't using direct memory or
JNI for tomcat. I've been perusing a lot of directions here, yet still at a
lost on why this is happening. Here is a recap of the information with the
updates:

I've been having an issue in one of our production servers. The Non Paged
Pool creeps up slowly until the system hangs and than crash.

Tomcat: 7  latest Java: 1.6.25 OS: Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2

This is a production server that uses high bandwidth. Poking around
Poolmon.exe I was able to find that

   1. the AfdP tag is consuming a lot of NP (Non Paged) pool.
   2. This is a tag concerning the windows socket driver (afd.sys).

We have many production servers running our tomcat. We have only
encountered this issue in two of them, those servers have the same
OS/Java/Tomcat installed. One server uses high bandwidth and the other uses
much less.

I say tomcat because this is the process that consumes all NP pool (about
170MB).

   1. Have you ever encountered this issue?
   2. Do you know of any application level/Tomcat configuration work around
   to solve this issue?
   3. Do you think that there is something wrong in the way Tomcat
   interfaces with winsock?
   4. Do you believe that Tomcat APR might resolve this issue?
   5. I can't seem to download this hotfix to further investigate these
   files, they might contain a suitable version. Do you know how can I get
   them?

When Tomcat is killed the Non Paged Pool doesn't return to the OS.

Please share your wisdom and Tomcat greatness,

qballer