> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:ch...@christopherschultz.net]
> Subject: JVM won't shut down: DestroyJavaVM thread stuck on ??

> All threads are deamons except for this one:

> "DestroyJavaVM" prio=10 tid=0x00007fa528a77800 nid=0x4b2a waiting on
> condition [0x0000000000000000]
>    java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE

That's a dummy Java thread created during the shutdown processing to have
something to do joins with.  Given your symptoms, it looks like something
non-Java inside the JVM itself is stuck.  Does it ever break loose from this
situation?  Is it possible that one of the daemon threads isn't actually idle,
but instead off doing something like waiting on a socket with infinite timeout?
 (Although I think even that should respond to a shutdown.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.