Hi folks,

Recently this started to pop up in my logs:
23.03.2012 14:12:28 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SCHWERWIEGEND: The web application [/ket] appears to have started a thread
named [PoolCleaner[18291494:1332172047553]] but has failed to stop it. This is
very likely to create a memory leak.

There is some similar thread [1] which had no real result.

I am on Tomcat 6.0.35, all DataSources are created in the context.xml file. All
DataSources are cleaned up (closed) with a context.xml Listener. The JDBC Pool
is version 7.0.26.

As far as my debug sessions have revealed (with attached VisualVM), it does not
matter how many apps you deploy the PoolCleanTimer thread is created only once
and retained until all apps have been stopped or removed. This makes Tomcat
think that this is a memory leak.

Is there a way to associate this thread with another class loader in order to
avoid this problem or create multiple threads or simple ignore this warning
which is not a solution for those who face that issue too?

Besides that, the numbers in the thread name are not very informative, the
classloader hashcode and timestamp did not really help to to identify anything.
Can this be improved?

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@tomcat.apache.org/msg87350.html

With best regards,
Michael Osipov