> From: DaveNoth [mailto:david.nothna...@prudential.com]
> Subject: Re: Running Tomcat as a Standalone desktop Application

> If no one out there is doing this, I am going to infer it's not a
> very good idea and look into a rewrite of the code to work under
> windows as a desktop app.

Actually, there are a fair number of commercial apps that have Tomcat buried
inside them, so it's definitely not a bad idea.  You might want to look at
using Tomcat in its embedded form, and provide a small main class that
discovers an available port, starts up Tomcat, and launches a browser using the
port.  Your only requirement on the environment would be having a viable JRE
installed.  (Or you could bundle a JRE with your app, as some do.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.