On 5/7/2012 11:41 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
2012/5/7 David kerber<dcker...@verizon.net>:
When TC 5.5.25 reloads due to a web.xml change, do the context listeners
fire?

Whenever I get a tc reload/restart without stopping and starting the TC
service, my db connection gets messed up, and if the contextlistener fires,
ISTM that would be a good place for me to reset the connection.

Try for youself?

I tried, but couldn't get it to reload in eclipse without restarting the whole thing. Doing it on a running server won't tell me much unless I add code to the context listener just to log whether or not it is executed.

5.5 is near EOL, so whatever is there wouldn't change.

Or is there a better place?

Describe what "messed up" means.  Troubles with DB connections are
usually solved with a validation query (checkOnBorrow=true).

After a context reload, it is unable to make connections, and tells me that there is no suitable driver. Restarting the service puts everything back in proper operation.

I do my pooling inside the app, and don't use TC's pooling.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko