Vijaya wrote:
Hi All,

After a long time I am having a problem that I cannot explain why is it
happening. Help will be very much appreciated.

Our portal www.eservicebazaar.com was working okay till last week. Suddenly we
had the anti virus software, and link problem and after that the portal is not
working okay.

The current setting is
In IIS 6, I have the jakarta isapi filter set  and the default document only as
and nothing else; All the portal related files are moved under inetpub/wwwroot
except the jspfiles. jspfiles are located under tomcat../webapps/esb folder.
The index.html that is located in wwwroot folder has nothing other than calling
index.jsp from webapps directory.
Till last friday, the portal was working okay and all of us could login to the portal from remote machines. last saturday, our link went down and when I connected the link back, I am not able to login to the portal both locally and remotely. the url invokes the index.html (means the name server, iis is working fine) but the index.jsp gives a 404 error. I tried all possible things like deleting the jakarta virtual directory, recreating the reg entries, and deleting the isap_redirector2.dll and copying back from the backup version. Nothing is working.
Can any body help me what I need to do (reinstall IIS)?

If you suspect that there was a virus infection, then the prudent thing to do is to take the server off the network, and re-install it completely (Windows included). I would say specially if this is a web server, because you may be spreading this virus much more widely than you even think. You probably already have.

As for other help, what do you expect ? if it is a virus, then who knows what it may have corrupted. Re-install the system, and the next time, choose a platform and software that is less suceptible to that kind of thing (hint).