On Mar 12, 2008, at 2:01 PM, Bill Holt wrote:

I tried vegadns-devel 1.1.6 on a non-production machine that was successfully running version 0.9.10, but now I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /var/www/ html/vegadns-1.1.6/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 355
error connecting to database

php isn't finding the right socket file likely. You can specify it manually in php.ini.

Note that 1.1.6 will not be used. I'm about 60% done with a rewrite that maintains some of the 1.1 series objectives (use of ADODB and new subgroups system), but puts it in an MVC framework for much better organization and reuse of code. I'm also rewriting lots of stuff that was poorly written previously. No ETA on a release at this time, though. I recommend you stick with the 0.9.x series until this re- write is done.

Regards,

Bill