> Hey Chris, I would need some lobbying here! ;)
>
> -- stefan

You're doing a great job Stefan - especially now I see that you've implemented
it - excellent job!

Are we both seeing something here that other people can't see? It wouldn't be
the first time in my life I was in that position - only years later do people
go "oh yeah" what a great idea...

I can only guess that most people haven't actually discovered the power and
reuse facilitated by the child/extend tag because if they had then it's not
such a great stretch to see the power of supporting more than one extendible
section - we're just arguing over multiplicity, not the extendible section
concept itself.

Most of the "panels can do that" arguments, in my mind, disparage the existing
child/extend concept as much as they do the proposed support for multiple
single extendible sections.

The, "I can do that with panels" argument sounds like C programmers back in the
early 90s saying, "I don't need C++ I can do everything in C with function
pointers". Well you probably could but by embarking on a short learning curve
you could be 1000x times more productive.

Someone asked for another explanation of the difference so I'll do that again
in a following post.