Ned Collyer wrote:

> Spring is meant to be the factory :).  Isn't that a big part of why we use
> Spring?
>
> Incidently there is a Classes class that has some handy "cached" stuff for
> resolving class references.
> see org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Classes

You can certain make the PanelFactory a spring bean:

public class TestPage extends WebPage {
        @SpringBean(name = "panelFactory")
        private PanelFactory panelFactory;

        public TestPage() {
                add(panelFactory.getPanel("testPanelOne"));

        <bean id="config" class="myapp.Config" scope="singleton">
                <property name="panelClass">
                        <value>myapp.TestPanel</value>
                </property>
        </bean>
        <bean id="panelFactory" class="myapp.PanelFactory" scope="singleton">
                <property name="config" ref="config"/>
        </bean>

The Wicket Classes class is not meant for performance. Normal classloaders
probable
provide better caching support. It was introduced to fix concurrency
problems.

-----
--
Kent Tong