On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 4:24 PM, GK1971 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> You are possibly correct. My main concern is that I have to upgrade from
> Tapestry 4 to... something. Given that Tapestry 5 is not compatible in the
> least I have allowed myself to look at the options.

Well, the backward compatibility thing was the reason I switched.
That was enough for me.  I used Tapestry 4 and wrote a lot of
framework code for it (Tapernate, Acegi Integration, etc.) and even
contributed to Tapestry itself (how do you like autowiring support?).
When I found out that I would have to re-write everything for Tapestry
5, I decided that my time would best be spent elsewhere.  Howard told
me face-to-face at NFJS Cincinnati that it would be virtually
impossible to provide an easy migration path to upgrade from 4 to 5.
I voiced my concerns about backward compatibility to the Tapestry
community:

http://markmail.org/message/mrspncgyidolysyn#query:james%20carman%20tapestry%20compatibility+page:1+mid:ompdzicnbeyfwygk+state:results

As you can see, it fell on deaf (and sometimes condescending) ears.