Hi,

You can't do this the way you described it because Ajax is initiated by the
browser.

I can propose you three options:

1) use Ajax polling
Store the messages in some data structure in the page/panel and with the
help of AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior render the collected messages

2) WebSocket
Add WebSocketBehavior (wicket-native-websocket-javax module) and publish
IWebSocketPushMessage when you receive one from Redis.
This way it will be real time instead of batching

3) Use Server Side Events - it is similar to web sockets but
unidirectional.
You can use wicketstuff-html5 library. It has SSE support.

I would recommend you 2)

Cheers,
Martin