What’s the best practice for a list (built in this case with a RefreshingView)
that has a header, which should be hidden if the list is empty?

The most obvious would be to wrap <wicket:enclosure> around the whole thing,
but the RefreshingView is still considered visible even when empty, so that
doesn’t work by itself.

I tried adding an onConfigure method to set visibility based on the repeater’s
size(), but the children don’t actually get added to the repeater until after
onConfigure runs, so size() always returns 0.

There are ways I can brute force this of course.  But is there a clean, general
solution?

Boris