Hi,

> Is it helpful if I add documentation issues to Wicket Jira?

pull-requests are always preferred :P

> https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/9.x/single.html#_httpsessiondatastore

I will take care of this.

>For Wicket 9 I'm overriding DefaultPageManagerProvider like below. Is that
> a good replacement for my Wicket 8 code?

Overriding #newPersistentStore() should be enough:

  @Override
  protected IPageStore newPersistentStore() {
     return new InSessionPageStore(20);
  }

>Wicket alive and well! I've been using it since 1.3 :)

Thanks for reporting back.

Regards
Sven

On 19.01.21 16:02, Greb Lindqvist wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm updating an application from Wicket 8 to Wicket 9 and see that
IDataStore has been removed. I think the documentation needs to be updated
here
https://ci.apache.org/projects/wicket/guide/9.x/single.html#_httpsessiondatastore
Is it helpful if I add documentation issues to Wicket Jira?

My application uses
https://spring.io/projects/spring-session-data-redis
so it can be clustered.

My Wicket 8 code is like
         setSessionStoreProvider(HttpSessionStore::new);

         setPageManagerProvider(new DefaultPageManagerProvider(this) {
             @Override
             protected IDataStore newDataStore() {
                 return new HttpSessionDataStore(getPageManagerContext(),
new PageNumberEvictionStrategy(20));
             }
         });

For Wicket 9 I'm overriding DefaultPageManagerProvider like below. Is that
a good replacement for my Wicket 8 code? It seems to mostly work but I'm
seeing slight weirdness that doesn't happen in Wicket 8. If
overriding DefaultPageManagerProvider is the correct approach, it would be
helpful to mention it in the migration guide with a pointer to the updated
documentation.

Thanks to everyone for keeping Wicket alive and well! I've been using it
since 1.3 :)

         setPageManagerProvider(new DefaultPageManagerProvider(this) {
             @Override
             public IPageManager get()
             {
                 IPageStore store = newPersistentStore();
                 store = newSerializingStore(store);
                 store = newRequestStore(store);
                 return new PageManager(store);
             }