Okay, the map is kept in implementation of HttpSessionStore where
onUnbind method
is overridden to remove the session entry from the map.

This problem also happens when I click logout button in my app where
following code will be executed

LOGGER.info("Invalidating the session {} ...", getCustomSession().getId());
getCoreSession().invalidateNow();

LOGGER.info("Session invalidated?: {}", getSession().isSessionInvalidated());
LOGGER.info("Replacing the current session with a new one to protect
against session fixation attacks...");
getCustomSession().replaceSession(); //tried using changeSessionId,
but it doesn't help

*Thanks And RegardsSibi.ArunachalammCruncher*