I'm using the following code under Wicket 9 to load a CSS file

    private static final ContextRelativeResourceReference CSS_FILE =

            new ContextRelativeResourceReference("style/cssFile.css", false);

    @Override

    public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response) {

        response.render(CssHeaderItem.forReference(CSS_FILE));

        super.renderHead(response);

    }

When the page loads the CSS is not rendered at all.  Looking at the source I
see the link to the CSS file with a nonce as expected.  If I refresh the page
in the browser then it renders with the CSS as expected.

I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this. Thanks.