Which version of XWiki are you using ?

There is some issue that makes some code empty the file upload list.
Can you try by posting to a page with that in the URL ?xpage=plain

Also you should be able to do this without going to the internal API.
There is addAttachment in Document

Here is a test code that shows the file upload plugin in action to show
that you get data:

1 File Upload Snipplet

<%
if (request.get("submitter")!=null) {
 def fupl= xwiki.get("fileupload");
 println fupl;
 def myfiles = fupl.getFileItems();
 println "{pre}"
 println myfiles;
 println "{/pre}"
 println fupl.getFileName("file")
}
else {
%>
<form action="" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">
<input type="submit" />
</form>
<%
}
%>

Ngo Thi Hong Nga wrote:
> Hi, I want to create a page allowed to upload more files together
> using FileUploadPlugin. I created 2 documents but the FileUploadPlugin
> seems not work, the data return is null and the document
> MySpace.Upload is attached with a file 0KB. Anyone can explain me why
> this happens ? And how to fix ?
>
> 1. MySpace.doc:
> <form action="/xwiki/bin/view/MySpace/Upload"
> enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post">
> <input type="file" name="filepath" value="" size="40" />
> <input type="submit" value="Save" />
> </form>
> 2. MySpace.Upload
> <%
> import com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.fileupload.FileUploadPlugin;
> import com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiDocument;
> import com.xpn.xwiki.doc.XWikiAttachment;
>
> print "Start upload... ";
> def docu=doc.getDocument();
> FileUploadPlugin fileupload = (FileUploadPlugin)
> context.getContext().get("fileuploadplugin");
> byte[] data = fileupload.getFileItemData("filepath", context.getContext());
> def filename = "myfile";
> def attachment = docu.getAttachment(filename);
>
> print data;
> if (!attachment) {
>    attachment = new XWikiAttachment(docu, filename);
>    docu.getAttachmentList().add(attachment);
> }
> attachment.setContent(data);
> docu.saveAttachmentContent(attachment, context.getContext());
> doc.save()
>
> println "done"
> %>

Ludovic Dubost