Hi Pascal,

> On 09 Sep 2016, at 16:54, Pascal BASTIEN <pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I don't understand very well how new ACL working with nested page with 8.2.1
> compared to spaces ACL on 7.x version
>
> About ACL, what use on xwiki 7.0.1 is:
> - read for XWikiAllGroup (everyone)
> - write + create page for "XWikiEditeurs" on  "Encyclopédie" space (and read
> for every other page on this wiki)
> (I know wiki spirirt mean everyhome can write but my Boss...)
>
> then what I use on xwiki 7.x:
> - on main xwiki, I forbidden Edit for XWikiAllGroup
> - on "Encyclopédie space" I allowed "edit" for "XWikiEditeurs" (+ read and
> comment)
> and forbidden "edit" for allow only "read" and "comment" for XWikiAllGroup
> because I know that in my case, ACL on space overwriting wiki ACL
>
> When I upgrade from 7.0.1 to 8.2.1, I encoutered ACL problem, no one could
> create page on all the wiki :-/
>
> I find that the cause is "forbidden Edit for XWikiAllGroup" on main wiki.
>
> My questions is: how ACL overwriting working with xwiki 8.2.1?
> Is ACL right with "Rights: Page & Children" is similar to space ACL?
> What if I apply some ACL rights on a page under "Encyclopédie" and next I
> apply different ACL right with "Rights: Page & Children" on  "Encyclopédie"?
> Rights of children page are removed?
>
> To conclude, do you know which ACL I must apply to have same rights thant
> xwiki 7.0.1?
> (I must apply ACL right on ALL first level space?)

I don’t think that ACL have changed over versions. There are some new
permissions like the Script permissions but globally they still work the same.

"Rights: Page & Children" is similar to space ACL”
Correct!

And “Rights: Page” is just permissions for the WebHome page.

As before permissions are inherited. Although before we had only 1 space level,
now we have several spaces. But the principle is the same.