I was able to get the LDAP working using the GUI of ldap application
finally. However, if I uninstall both the LDAP Authenticator and the LDAP
Application extensions from the extensions manager, the LDAP application
still remains in the XWiki Administration page, and I am able to use the
GUI to set the values. Is this expected?

Thanks