Hi,

I'm currently trying to upgrade my xwiki installations from 5.4.4 to 8.0 (or
even later, byt currentrly struggling with 8.0). Current (5.4.4)
installation have a few modifications made in base XWiki documents. We have
provided the installation with our library to authenticate users from
external application along with few service components etc. And now I'm
loooking for best way to migrate to later(lates) version. With it I have a
few issues.
- Distribution Wizard is not working properly when run on server (tomcat)
with our extensions and modifications provided. It displays information
about component not being compatibile. There is allways a way to run a clean
xwiki and migrate with Distribution Wizard but for now I would like to avoid
it.
- Another issue using Distribution Wizard is that not all of installation
environments have access to extension repositories.
- Another thing is that one of installations have huge ammount of
attachments (over 100 GB) so exporting old installation and importing over
new installation is not possible.

Does anyone have any tips regarding XWiki migration?
I will be greateful for any help, even  for som words of encouragement ;)

Karol