Hello dear developers and XWiki users.

I would you to take a look at the issue
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13070.

The problem is that the current order (that I have implemented based on my
intuition) seems to not be clear for our users. The main point is that the
menu mixes up global items (Home wiki, Wiki Index) and local ones
(Administer Wiki, Page Index, Delete wiki, etc...).

Caty and Oliver have made some proposals that you could find in the issue.

They are called P1, P2, P3, P4 and P5.

I propose you to express your preferences so we can implement it based on a
consensus.

Here are mine:

P1: There is a logical order and separation between item. However, it seems
the more used actions (Wiki Index, Page Index) are less visible than some
other (Delete Wiki, Create Wiki...)

P2: The order and the separation are logic. The "delete wiki" action is
still very visible but all other items are good.

P3: Same than P2. Except that having "Wiki Index" along with "User, Page
and Application Index" mixes up local and global items.

P4: Why not, but maybe the 3 first actions should be placed after the other
ones, since they would be less used. Same remark about the mixing of local
and global items.

P5: A clear distinction between local and global scope. More used items are
located first. This is my favorite one.

So +1 for P5, +0 for the other options so far.

Now, what about you?

Thanks,
Guillaume

PS: I send this message to both devs and users mailing lists, because I
think users are directly concerned by this topic.

--
Guillaume Delhumeau (guillaume.delhum...@xwiki.com)
Committer on the XWiki.org project