I have installed XWiki from docker as explained on docker hub xwiki
<https://hub.docker.com/_/xwiki/> , but I ran into a couple of issues when
it came to installing some extensions that required me to modify the
xwiki.cfg file or others within the webapps location.

So in order to overcome that I used docker cp to sync the tomcat directory
within the container to a location on the host. Then I also mapped that
host location into the container once I did docker run, much like the mysql
data volume mapping. I guess I probably should have just created a docker
volume first and then used that to map it to /usr/local/tomcat since the
docs says that will sync the data on the container back to the docker
volume. Haven't used docker volumes much so didn't think about it before.

So, since I assume that there are files within the tomcat webapps location
that may need to be modified,  due to extensions or perhaps something else,
shouldn't that be also made into a persistent volume ?

/opt/docker/host_volumes/
xwiki.org/xwiki_tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg

Marcelo