Hi Lester,

you should configure the XWIKI logging. Then you can find ldap logging
information in the XWIKI log file. I did the following steps:

a) Set up the XWIKI logging configuration in WEB-INF\classes\logback.xml by
adding a  RollingFileAppender

  <appender name="FILE" class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
    <file>/var/lib/tomcat8/logs/xwiki.log</file>
    <rollingPolicy class="ch.qos.logback.core.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
    <!-- daily rollover -->
        <fileNamePattern>xwiki.%d{yyyy-MM-dd}.log</fileNamePattern>
        <!-- keep 30 days' worth of history -->
        <maxHistory>30</maxHistory>
    </rollingPolicy>
    <encoder>
        <pattern>%-4relative [%thread] %-5level %logger{35} - %msg%n</pattern>
    </encoder>
  </appender>

b) Extend the root level logging:

  <root level="info">
    <appender-ref ref="stdout"/>
    <appender-ref ref="FILE"/>
  </root>

c) Activation of the ldap logging (debugging) in WEB-INF\classes\logback.xml

  <!-- LDAP debugging -->
  <logger name="org.xwiki.contrib.ldap" level="trace"/>

With kind regards
Thomas