I recently renewed my SC Driver's License. When asked for my height I
replied, "One point eight three meters". Do you all recall the E.F.
Hutton ads? The place became immediately silent, the clerk stopped
chewing her gum, stared at me, and dropped her jaw so far that the gum
almost fell out. We ascertained that she needed that in feet and she
obviously couldn't convert, so I told her I was 6 ft tall, which she
recorded. When asked about my weight, I said, "I suppose you want that
in pounds?" She agreed, with a look on her face that indicated she
didn't want to ask what the alternative was.

Since a driver's license is essential for me, I had to provide that data
in feet in pounds. Alas!

Jim

--
Metric Methods(SM)           "Don't be late to metricate!"
James R. Frysinger, CAMS     http://www.metricmethods.com/