One bit of data in John kPa's favor on scaling is this tip that popped
up in my StarOffice desktop. Apparently, StarOffice takes advantage of
the regular scaling scheme in ISO (DIN) paper sizes. I know that I have
certainly enjoyed the ability to set true metric sizes in their
applications, even though the American English distribution comes with
"english settings" as the default. If anyone here is looking for a more
international set of office software, this might bear looking into. By
the way, it's free and there is a version that runs on Windows, they
say.

Jim

Did you know?
        Here's how to print out a spreadsheet that is larger than DIN A4 on a
single page in StarOffice Calc.
        In the Format - Page menu item, on the Spreadsheets tab, under Scaling,
click the Maximum number of pages option and enter '1' as the value.
Confirm by clicking OK. Everything will be printed on one page.

--
Metric Methods(SM)           "Don't be late to metricate!"
James R. Frysinger, CAMS     http://www.metricmethods.com/