Actually, it's really a non-issue.

These days, if you say "floppy drive" or "diskette drive," it's understood
to be the 90 mm format. It's several years since the larger format was sold.
A few months ago, I threw out a couple of hundred of the older, really
floppy disks. And it's nearly two years since I gave away my only computer
(an 8 Mbyte, 20 MHz 286, capable of running only DOS or Windows 3.1 in
Standard Mode) with both types of diskette drive, as I no longer had a
requirement to convert from one format to the other. The last computer I
scrapped (32-Mbyte, 40 MHz 386, with Windows 95) only ever had the 90 mm
format.

Bill Potts, CMS
San Jose, CA
http://metric1.org [SI Navigator]