Gene:

In your apparent desire to use the dollar sign as if it were an SI unit
symbol (which is clearly is not), you have created a redundancy.

Basically, it has to be "energy per dollar ... ... is 440 MJ" or "the value
of energy ... ... is 440 MJ per dollar."

I wouldn't mention it, but I know you, yourself, are a stickler for correct
forms.

Bill Potts, CMS
San Jose, CA
http://metric1.org [SI Navigator]