Last night at a local store, I came across a box full of loose 25'/8 m tape
measures from Buffalo Tool.  They are as well made as the Stanley 10 m tape
measures, but they cost only $3.99.  I would have preferred a metric-only
one, but I couldn't pass up a deal like that.

Today I called Buffalo Tool (4101 Clayton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110,
Telephone: 800-568-6657) and asked if they had any metric-only tape
measures.  They said that they don't, *BUT* that they could import them from
their supplier if there was enough demand (a few thousand units).  Do you
all think the USMA and/or any of the metric state DOTs might be interested
in these?  The case on these is very similar to the Stanley case, with a
metal clip on one side and a 66 mm diameter circular decal (or imprintable!)
area on the other side.

Jason