The BWMA wrote:

Q: What is the BWMA's position on Britain having signed the Metric
Convention
> in 1884 and being a member state of the International Bureau of Weights
and
> Measures under this convention?
>
> A: None.  We have no objection to people using metric units.

Yes they do!!  Why are they so against metre and kilometre signs being
displayed on public roads alongside yards and miles signposts, yet
apparently want 'choice' for traders to use whatever measurements they
wish??

Why have they consistently complained about metric and SI measurements being
supposedly difficult to understand  for the 'working classes' and old people
(a more patronising argument you would be very hard pressed to find)??

And lastly, why do they still say metrication is 'forced' onto us when it is
nothing of the sort??  That it is imperial only scales and pricing that has
been disallowed and that they can still sell and display their prices in
pounds and ounces so long as they provide a metric equivalent??

I have repeated the above argument COUNTLESS times and will continue to do
so while the likes of the Metric Martyrs, BWMA and their lackeys in the
press try to pretend otherwise!!

Regards,

Steve.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]