From: kilopascal
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 5:14 PM
Subject: [USMA:15273] Where to next?

2001-09-16

I can't help feeling that the attack on the WTC will have a severe negative effect on any attempt to metricate.  From the news and media reports, people are really rallying around the flag to an almost fervent religious level.  Despite the fact that people from many countries were killed in the attack, this fact is being ignored as people concentrate on "America first".  I feel that any attempt by any citizen and/or organization at this time and in the near future to push for further metrication would result in a serious reaction.  Metrication will/is most likely be associated with anti-Americanism.  The WTC incident will give rise to any reason to be xenophobic and raise criticism of persons or organizations that support any foreign ideas or concept.  This incident will be an effective means for America to assert itself in the world and push American customs and practices further into the world, and condemn as enemies any nation or person that does not support and worship things American.  FFU is one of the American gods that demands worship.

Over the past few days I have been inundated with all forms of propaganda, much of it being quickly deleted. However the one that I have received numerous copies of,  was the article by Gordon Sinclair that appears below.   I interspersed some comments and sent it back to the persons who sent it.  A cousin of mine who is a journalistic photographer told me the article is 30 years old.  You can see that the propaganda looks at Europe as a region that takes from America but never gives back.

I'm sure more facts can be added to show how untimely and out-dated the original article really is.  I also feel Europeans and others need to stand tall too.  They need to rally and make it clear to America and Americans that they are sick and tired of the lies and false propaganda directed at them.  That they too live in democracies and can also be called "greatest nation".

When I get something with "Pray for America" and/or  "God bless America" on it I have been replying to the effect that I hope they are praying  for and blessing the other countries affected.  Not one response back.

John