From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of kilopascal
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2001 10:23
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:15334] Yahoo Weather

2001-09-22

The page is Italian...But, the weather info is all in FFU with no way to convert to SI.  If you click on a city, you can choose SI, but the default is FFU.  Once you chose SI, it seems to remember it for the next time.  I had SI defaulted when I went to http://de.weather.yahoo.com/.  But, it Yahoo didn't use my SI default from the German site, when viewing the Italian site.

These sites must be set up by Americans in order to force FFU on Europe.  The US will never go metric if it can easily get the rest of the world to "default" to FFU.

John